ABOUT SINESIA KAROL – BOARD MEMBER
Sinesia Karol, President of Sinesia Karol Swimwear.
Sinesia Karol was born on the island beach town of Vitoria, Brazil. In 1990 Sinesia immigrated to the United States and finished her degree receiving a B.A. with high honors at Pine Manor College. In January 2012 Sinesia decided to launch her self-entitled collection of swimwear, Sinesia Karol Swimwear, where she is Founder and Creative Director.
Sinesia focused on both the couture design and exquisite execution of product. Paying close attention to only the finest qualities of lycra, silks and chiffons, she debuted a beach and swimwear line that celebrated women, their bodies and impeccable taste in couture fashion.
Sinesia is currently on the Board of Newton-Wellesley Hospital, serves on the Board of Newton Wellesley Charity Foundation, serves as the National Board Advisor of the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, and sits on the trustee board at Nativity Prep. She has also worked on numerous fundraising events for other charities.
Some of Sinesia’s philanthropic work includes:
- Co-Chair for the Breast Cancer Research Fund Gala in 2017, 2018 and 2019;
- Co-Chair for the Newton Wellesley Hospital Gala in 2014, raising the most donations ever received by NWH gala in previous years;
- Vice Chair and Co-Chair for the Dana-Farber Gala Event in 2008 and 2009;
- Board Member of Kids Can Cook and Co-Chair for the Kids Can Cook Gala in 2008;
- Co-Chair of the Brain Tumor Society Gala Event in 2007.
Sinesia was also on the Board of Evangelical Hospital in Vitoria E.S in Brazil for five years and was responsible for the renovation of the Children’s Center. She has been a member of ABEST, The Brazilian Association of Fashion Designers, since 2015.
Sinesia has joint U.S. and Brazilian Citizenship.
Sinesia Karol has been a devoted friend and supporter of Giving The Glam for the past 4 years and we are very excited to have her on the board of the Giving The Glam.